Like and share our Facebook Page
The Rob Hill Foundation (Registered Charity No. 1181220) is dedicated to Rob Hill, twin brother to Chris Hill, who tragically lost his life May 2014 to an accidental drug overdose.
The charity was set up to bring Chris Hill’s BeatMyAddictions® programme to all; helping people beat addiction to both substances and activities; as well as empowering them to deal effectively with anxiety, stress and depression. This extends to dealing with trauma, any fear-based conditions, OCD and many other life-affecting mental health conditions.
Prior to COVID, the charity targeted people who struggled to find help through the health service, those on benefits or a low income, those at risk of homelessness and those who were already homeless. We distributed thousands of free 7-Days to Beat Addiction Plan booklets to service users and conducted talks and information sessions in schools, at charities and community events.
We provided a network of free addiction and mental health workshops and support groups that saw hundreds of people successfully complete the programme and change their lives – no waiting lists, no long lists of criteria – just fast, effective life-long change whenever it’s needed.
During COVID we are offering a free online workshop and support group every Monday evening 7pm to 8.30pm. Register here to attend.
Due to the financial, social and mental health implications of COVID and lockdown, we are now extending our reach to people who may have only just begun to struggle in life. They may have increased their substance use to a negative and life-affecting level. They may have recently found themselves without employment, applying for benefits. Their accommodation / home may recently have been put under threat; and with this quick and extreme change in circumstance – their anxiety, stress and even depression, may be through the roof.
The need for an effective self-help solution to both addiction and key mental health issues has never been greater; and we anticipate the need will increase tenfold in the coming years as the true cost and effect of COVID and lockdown is realised.
Where your money will go
All donations are gratefully received. Your money will go to:
- Expanding the free workshops to other areas of London and the UK; collaborating with homeless charities and food banks.
- Doing school talks and setting up youth programmes.
- Distributing free copies of the 7-Days to Beat Addiction Plan as widely as possible.
- Training front-line workers from charities and other organisations to better understand addiction and mental health; and eventually to deliver the Beat Addiction Programme.
- Initiating a campaign to de-stigmatise addiction and mental health so that people no longer feel shame around needing help, asking for help and then knowing where to get that help.
- Reaching out to homeless people through our Back to Kindness campaign; with guidance and help to access the charity’s services (expanded out to the rest of the UK).
Please help us raise awareness of The Rob Hill Foundation. Visit our Facebook Page, like it and SHARE.